Nā Lula Kūhelu (Official Rules): Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest
1. Eligibility: The Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest is open to legal residents of the United States. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of their date of entry in this promotion in order to qualify. This contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. ʻAha Pūnana Leo/Niuolahiki's employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest.
2. Sponsorship: The sponsor is ʻAha Pūnana Leo (“Sponsor”), located at 96 Puʻuhonu Place, Hilo, Hawaiʻi 96720. Sponsor will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this Contest, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserve the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this Contest the You represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest.
4. Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest Entry Period: This promotion begins on 4/9/20 at 12 noon HST and ends on 6/19/20 at 5:00pm HST (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for,the Contest, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter The Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest by, submitting an entry via Instagram.
As a participant, your entry must fully meet all Contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Fraudulent methods of entry or circumvention of the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entries and removing You from the Contest at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest (the “Winner”) will receive an educational learning material from the Hale Kuamoʻo not to exceed $15.00 in value and will be mailed to the Winner. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a panel of judges assessing the coloring of the coloring page and the corresponding short essay under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) by Instagram direct message within 1-3 days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall the Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If the Winner is found ineligible, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry (e.g., text, video, photo, etc.) into this Contest, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration.
Entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Entries that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others will result in the disqualification of the participant and any claims that arise as a result of infringement, You shall defend or settle against such claims at your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit, etc.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay
Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: identify any disallowed entry methods that will result in votes/entries being voided; examples: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Coloring Sheet/Short Essay Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND HAWAIʻI, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Contest, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in HAWAIʻI having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than,participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this,Contest). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. The Contest hosted by ʻAha Pūnana Leo/Niuolahiki is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook and, You, the Entrant, completely release and hold harmless Instagram or Facebook and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest.
15. By tagging us with your coloring sheet entry, You, the Entrant, are indicating that You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.